Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Explain the parts of the Scripture Reference which are in Bold:
John means find - Gospel John ✔
John 4 means find - Chapter 4 ✔
John 4:7-9 means find - Verse 7 to 9 ✔
2 Corinthians means find - Number 2 ✔
Highlight the religious groups in Jesus’ time:
Romans Sadducees✔ Anglicans Zealots✔ Pharisees✔ Presbyterians Scribes✔
Complete the sentences:
Jesus is fully human he tino tangata and fully devine he tino Atua. His life death and resurrection were a response to God the Father through the Holy Spirit. ✔
Complete the statement:
I found these lessons interesting because - It was really easy.
Wednesday, April 10, 2013
Monday, April 8, 2013
Friday, April 5, 2013
Similes and Metaphors
A simile is where two things are directly compared because they share a common feature. The word AS or LIKE is used to compare the two words. Eg. As cold AS a dog's nose
A metaphor also compares two things, but it does so more directly WITHOUT using as or like. Eg. The shop was a little gold-mine.
At the end of the sentence, write in brackets whether the sentence is an example of a metaphor or simile.
Eg. The clouds were fluffy like cotton wool. (SIMILE)
- As slippery as an eel. (SIMILE) ✔
- Arnie was a man-mountain. (METAPHOR) ✔
- He was a lion in battle. (METAPHOR) ✔
- She is as pretty as a picture. (SIMILE) ✔
- The striker was a goal machine. (METAPHOR) ✔
- The torch lit up the room as if the sun had risen early. (SIMILE) ✔
- The moon was a misty shadow. (METAPHOR) ✔
- My friend has a face like a bag of spanners. (SMILIE) ✔
Now you are going to make up similes of your own by copying and finishing these sentences.
As good as gold
- As heavy as a rock. ✔
- As cold as a snow ball. ✔
- As hard as a concrete. ✔
- She had skin like a person. ✔
- As cool as a Basketball Player. ✔
- As quick as Typing. ✔
- He was slow like a Turtle. ✔
- Slippery like a wet surface. ✔
Wednesday, April 3, 2013
A Quadriplegic means a person in a wheelchair that is is paralysed.
Wheelchair rugby is an exciting fast paced game that has lots of different games in it.
You have to try and get a goal and if you want to tackle you crash then you try and get the ball off the other players, thats how you play wheelchair rugby.
Some people who play wheelchair rugby are paralysed because of an illness. Some have been in accidents where their neck was broken.
The game is played on an indoor court.